It is such an honor to do this work.
My belief that everyone is unique guides my individualized approach with clients. What works for one person may not necessarily work for another, and so a big part of the process is figuring out what works best for YOU – from the type of overall therapeutic intervention to details like self-care and food choices.
This may require you to do some “work” between sessions (Examples of assignments may include journaling, focusing on your breath, trying different kinds of foods, or simply drinking more water).
That said, I am all about progress, not perfection. I will help you take some of the pressure off trying to be perfect-in-every-way. Sometimes it will still hurt. Sometimes you will be scared. And sometimes you will trip and swear at me. But each time, I will be there to help you back on your feet.
Because that’s my job. I’m not a 24/7 hand-holder, but I do view my role as a guide, support, and
cheerleader celebrator (cheerleading is so not me).
Though you may not feel like it when you first walk through the door, YOU are the expert on YOUR life, not me. I strongly believe that we all have intuition and inner-wisdom and part of our work together is to learn how to listen; to our hearts, bodies, and desires, and not to our anxiety and self-doubt.
Together we will explore what’s getting in the way of you living your best-ever life, and come up with realistic (and often fun(-nish)), impactful ways of acting on our inner cues.
Here are the main aspects of my work with clients:
- Radical self-care, self-compassion, and self-acceptance
- Nutrition that works for you
- Identifying core desires and desired feelings to turn them into achievable and inspiring goals
- Addressing unhelpful thoughts and habits
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Spirituality, if you’re into it
- Movement, yoga, and breathwork
- Improving the health of your brain and your gut
- Sharpening your ability to listen to your innate intuition and to trust yourself again (or maybe for the first time)
- Pro-recovery lifestyle and how to make it work in your busy day-to-day
Approaches I Use
- Mind-Body Psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Feminist Therapy
- HeartMath Biofeedback
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Buddhist Psychology
- Yoga Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)